Upcoming Events - Special days for Members of the Community, as well as Members of the Club
It's going to be another great year at the Longmont Sculling Club! The classes for new scullers have been set, as have the ongoing programs for experienced scullers - and lots of nifty other things along the way!
* February 25 - Unity in the Community - TBRLSC will have a booth at this community event at the Plaza Hotel & Conference Center, 1850 Industrial Circle, Longmont. Stop by for a visit and to learn what activities we have planned for the season
* TBD - Season Kickoff Party & Membership Meeting with the Union Sailing Club - details still being worked out.
* April 2 9:15am - 11:00Am - "State of Union" - Annual State of the Club and Safety Meeting. New keys and combination will be provided to members at this meeting. Longmont Public Library.
* April 9 - Docks in
* April 16 8:30am - Boat move and set up for the season
* April 25 8:30am - Boat move and set up for the season
* May 15 9:00am - 1:00pm - Longmont Sculling Club Open House & Olympic Day Visit the Longmont Sculling Club at Union Reservoir. We'll show you the facilities, teach you about the boats, demonstrate the basics of the sculling stroke on the rowing machines, and weather permitting take you out on the water in a quad (a 4 person boat) to give you a taste of the sculling experience. Check out the 2008 event. Day/season parking pass must be obtained at the main gate prior to entry to the park and our site on the East side of the lake. After picking up your pass, go back out to the main road, turn left on to the dirt road, follow it for about 3/4 mile around the lake and you will see the sign for the Union Sailing Club.
* May 21 6:00pm - 8:00pm, May 22 9:00am - 1:00pm Intro to Sculling #1
* May 22 7:00am - 8:30am - Skills and Drills Session #1 Class 1A
* May 28 6:00pm - 8:00pm, May 29 9:00am - 1:00pm Intro to Sculling #2
* May 29 7:00am - 8:30am - Skills and Drills Session #1 Class 1B
* June 3 6:00pm - 8:00pm, June 4 9:00am - 1:00pm Intro to Sculling #3
* June 5 7:00am - 8:30am - Skills and Drills Session #1 Class 1C
* June 11 & 12 ReUnion Sailing Regatta
* June 11 6:00pm - 8:00pm, June 12 9:00am - 1:00pm Intro to Sculling #4
* June 11 - Row the Rockies Regatta - head race style
* June 16 - LSC 8 year Birthday Wingding!
* June 19 10:00 - 11:30am - Junior Rowing begins
* June 25 Kinetics Race at Union Reservoir
* June 25 Boulder Sprints at Boulder Reservoir
* June 29 - Bow seat training - TBD
* July 3 Family Fun Day Social event - TBR
* July 10 8:15 - 9:45 am - Skills and Drills Session #2 Class 2A
* July 17 8:15 - 9:45 am - Skills and Drills Session #2 Class 2B
* July 24 8:15 - 9:45am - Skills and Drills Session #2 Class 2C
* Aug 13 - Bayada Regatta, Philadelphia, PA
* Aug 14 - Outdoor Diva's triathlon
* Aug 18 - 21 - Master's Nationals, Worcester, MA
* Sept 17 - Paddle Like a Pirate Regatta - fundraiser for adaptive rowing program
* Sept 24 OktoberFest Sailing Regatta
* October 8 Wine Country Classic, Petaluma, CA (TBR)
* October 23 & 23 Head of the Charles Regatta, Boston, MA